2017 Las Vegas Single Payer Leadership Meeting
This is a wiki for posting notes, photos, powerpoint presentations, and video of the September 2017 Single Payer Leadership Meeting hosted in Las Vegas, NV by Healthcare-NOW. To see what other conference participants have shared, click on the panel or discussion below that you're interested in.
To add your own notes, photos, slideshows, or video to a workshop or panel page, you can email them to Healthcare-NOW, and we will post them for you, or you can add them yourself to this site just like Wikipedia! To edit pages you first have to create an account by clicking "Create account" in the upper right corner and following the instructions. You can then add to or edit any page (except this one) by clicking "Edit" at the top of the page.
Agenda for Saturday, September 30
- Welcome to Nevada: Congresswoman Dina Titus (Nevada’s 1st District)
- Keynote Speakers: Dr. Paul Song and Amy Vilela
- Panel & Discussion: Organizing Across Issues & Organizations During This “Movement Moment”: Moderator: Eileen Eady, Nevada for Healthcare-NOW; Respondents: Rose Roach, Minnesota Nurses Association; Martese Chism, National Nurses United; Erika Washington, Make It Work. Nevada4thePeople; Deborah Harris, Women’s March on Washington.
- Speaker & Discussion: Preparing for Opposition… from our Enemies and our Friends: Michael Lighty, National Nurses United
- Panel & Discussion: Developing Effective Medium-Term Campaigns After the Era of Resistance: Benjamin Day, Healthcare-NOW; Ben Palmquist, NESRI; Libby Devlin, NNU/NNOC; Donna Smith, PDA
- Report-Backs & Open Mic: Lessons from Roundtable Discussions & Open Mic: Lenny Potash, Labor United for Universal Healthcare; Ursula Rozum, Campaign for NY Health; Amirah Sequiera, National Nurses United
Agenda for Sunday, October 1
- Panel & Discussion: Responding to Pushback from Legislators: Dr. Bill Honigman and Dr. Roona Ray
- Open Mic: Takeaways from Leadership Meeting, Next Steps for Our Movement!